Comprehensive Rural Opportunities Program
Wealth Watchers Inc. Comprehensive Rural Opportunities Program (C.R.O.P.) enhance the coordination of outreach, technical assistance and education efforts to reach socially disadvantaged farmers and ranchers in the rural areas of Florida, with a special emphasis in Central and Northeast Florida along with Southeast and Southwest Georgia. Wealth Watchers assist farmers and ranchers with successfully acquiring, owning, operating and retaining farms and ranches and increasing participation in the full range of USDA programs.
Wealth Watchers Inc. through its’ C.R.O.P Initiative:
- Assist veterans with increasing their knowledge and participation in the agriculture business and creating opportunities to create and grow small businesses and family farms.
- Work with farmers to increase their participation in USDA programs such as the Risk Management Agency, Farm Service Agency loan programs, and Natural Resource Conservation Service cost-share program
- Increase knowledge and youth participation in agricultural entrepreneurship through careers in agriculture and mentoring families to interest the farm children in careers
- Create mentorship programs which will match experienced farmers with beginning farmers for the purpose of increasing the knowledge and increasing capacity to access capital and other USDA resources
- Form associations, organizations, and cooperatives to gain profitability for small, minority and limited resource farmers
- Promote the use of alternative agricultural practices by increasing small farmer’s knowledge of sustainable agriculture and innovative new projects
- Conduct outreach to landowners and operators to identify their demographical information and address their needs
- Provide farmers with technical assistance on both conventional and alternative agriculture enterprises and practices for the purpose of increasing profits
- Identify opportunities to utilize the farm labor housing loan program
- Inform the collaborating families of value-added enterprises and specialty market opportunities, as well as resources and credit opportunities
- Provide farmers with training, especially in financial management and bookkeeping
- Encourage and train farmers to use computers, identify risk management techniques and enterprise opportunities that enhance their income
Benefits of C.R.O.P.
C.R.O.P.’s initiative helps educate, provide technical assistance and outreach to rural farmers and ranchers. Listed below are some of the benefits:
- Personal budgeting
- Credit Counseling
- Small business financing oppportunities
- Technical assistance
How does Wealth Watchers Urban Farming initiative help the community?
Trains citizens on fresh food production, that creates a healthier neighborhood and increase economic opportunities. Wealth Watchers will train small and urban farmers in areas of personal finance and business development.